Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Our life at the moment

My first official post will be about our life as it is at the moment.
Jed and I have been together since June 2001 and married since June 2005, we have 2 adorable kids, Malia 4 and Noah 2 - both of whom recently celebrated their birthdays.
We live on the Gold Coast and love it here but one day in the distant future would love to live in Northern NSW in a quite coastal town, not too far away from here.

We are so fortunate to have so much family around us here on the coast, the only people missing, who I would desperately like to be here are my Dad and his wife Jytte, my grandparents and Jed's mum (RIP).  All up we have 23 family members all within 20mins as well as Kirsten and her family (who are practically family also).

Jed is working as a timber floor installer and hates it.  It's really tough on his body.  We can't wait for the day when he gets to do a job he enjoys, but at the moment the money is good. 
I am working part time 2 days a week as a teller at The Bank of Queensland, and I love it. It's great getting out into the 'real world'.  I do adore our kids but it's so great just getting a break from looking after them :-)

Malia is a clever little thing, she first recited the alphabet at 18 months old, has been reading since 2 1/2 and fluently reading now for about a year.  She is always wanting to do puzzles like find a word, spot the difference, easy suduko, jigsaw puzzles and the list goes on.  She recently has been counting to 100 and beyond over and over, starting from the beginning if she makes a mistake.
We were really hoping she could start school next year but doesn't look like it will happen after making a few enquiries.  I guess we will have another year of getting her socially ready because that is the one thing she needs to work on - she's very shy at school and only has a couple of friends she plays with.  If they are not there one day she'll just play by herself.
She'll be one of the 'big' kids at preschool next year so hopefully that will give her the confidence she needs to come out of her shell.

Noey is a typical little boy.  He's quite affectionate (mostly with his mummy)  :-), which of course I love. 
He's always getting into mischief, not a day goes by where he doesn't make a huge mess with something or another.  For example, when I was in the shower the other day I left the kids watching playschool and Noey got a big wedge of watermellon out of the fridge, carried it over to the living area and just started digging into it with a plastic spoon and his teeth.  When I came out there was watermellon pieces strewn from the fridge to the tv and juice everywhere! - that is Noey in a teacup!  Things like that happen all the time!  He's such a ratbag (in a good way).
His quote of the month is "I do it, I do it", he just wants to be doing everything Malia does and hates it if I try and take over.
Hopefully he will be in daycare on Fridays next year so he's there with Malia, he always wants to stay when we drop her off so I'm hoping it will be easy.
I love his cheeky little chip-tooth smile, mop of blonde hair and dimple on his left cheek. 

Well in brief, that's us.  Hopefully I can keep this blogging up because things tend to leave my brain at a rapid rate these days and if I can type them down they will be remembered

Family shot (Noey going for the candle because Malia has one) :-)

Malia Rosalind and Noah Sunny Darcy

No comments:

Post a Comment